solar adj : relating to or derived from the sun or utilizing the energies of the sun; "solar eclipse"; "solar energy"
- Rhymes: -əʊlə(r)
- Of or pertaining to the sun; proceeding from the sun; as, the solar system; solar light; solar rays; solar influence.
- In the context of "astrology|obsolete": Born under the predominant influence of the sun.
- Measured by the progress or revolution of the sun in the ecliptic; as, the solar year.
- Produced by the action of the sun, or peculiarly affected by its influence.
- solar calendar
- solar constant
- solar corona
- solar cycle
- solar day
- solar eclipse
- solar energy
- solar engine
- solar flare
- solar flowers
- solar lamp
- solar microscope
- solar mass
- solar month
- solar neon
- solar oil
- solar phosphori
- solar plexus
- solar power
- solar prominence
- solar spots/sun spots
- solar system
- solar telegraph
- solar radiation
- solar telescope
- solar time
- solar wind
- solar year
- A loft or upper chamber forming the private accommodation of the head of the household in a medieval hall; a garret room.
- to pave.
Solar means appertaining to to the Sun, our planet's star. Solar also has other meanings.
Related to energy
Related to astronomy
- Solar calendar, calendars based on the solar year
- Solar cycle, the Sun's 11 year sunspot cycle
- Solar cycle (calendar), the 28 year cycle of the Julian calendar
- Solar eclipse
- Solar flare, eruptions from the surface of the Sun
- Solar glare
- Solar Maximum Mission, a space probe studying our Sun
- Solar physics
- Solar system, our Sun and its planets
- Solar tower
- Solar wind
- Solar year
- Solar Monitoring Observatory (SOLAR), a planned space science observatory for the International Space Station
- Solar Pyramid, a sculpture
- "Solar" (composition), a jazz composition attributed to Miles Davis
- Solar (room), the room used in medieval times for solitary activity
- Solar (comics), the comic book character
- Xul Solar, the adopted name of Oscar Agustín Alejandro Schulz Solari
- Solar, one of the top 500 singles wrestlers according to Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine; see PWI Years
- Solar, a gas turbine and generator set manufacturer later purchased by International Harvester, and now a division of Caterpillar, Inc.
- SOLAR Records, an US record label
- In role-playing games, Exalted the Solar Exalted are the chosen of the Unconquered Sun.
- Solar plexus, a nerve bundle
- Solar Wind (comic), a British comic
- Solar Winds, a computer game
solar in German: Solar
solar in Spanish: Solar
solar in French: Solar
solar in Dutch: Solar
solar in Portuguese: Solar
Cynthian, anagalactic, asteroidal, astral, astrologic, astrologistic, astrologous, astronomic, astrophysical, celestial, circumplanetary, cislunar, empyreal, empyrean, equinoctial, extragalactic, galactic, heavenly, heliacal, intercosmic, interplanetary, intersidereal, interstellar, lunar, lunary, lunate, lunular, lunulate, meteoric, meteoritic, nebular, nebulose, nebulous, planetal, planetarian, planetary, planetesimal, semilunar, sidereal, sphery, star-spangled, star-studded, starry, stellar, stellary, terrestrial, uranic, zodiacal